Similar to most of the dog breeds that we know of today, a Pit Bull Terrier is also a mixture of two different dog breeds in the past and can be mixed with other dog breeds nowadays.
What is a Pit Bull Terrier mix and what are the other breeds that can be mixed with a Pit Bull Terrier?
What Is a Pit Bull Terrier Mix?
A Pit Bull Terrier is a mix of an Old English Bull and an Old English Terrier breed. It is known as a fighting dog in the past. This mix is considered to be persistent and stubborn, yet smart and affectionate. Because of their past, they might be aggressive to other dogs.
The pitbull terrier mix is not to be confused with a pitbull Jack Russell terrier mix, which have different characteristics.
A Pit Bull Terrier has a short, single coat that lays flat on their skin. It is generally easy to groom and doesn’t need too much brushing and bathing.
A Pit Bull Terrier has a sturdy, muscular body that goes thinner and narrower towards the butt.
They have a straight tail, too.
Other Breeds Mixed With a Pit Bull Terrier
A Pit Bull Terrier is mixed with other breeds to get the desired traits and appearance of a dog. However, they cannot control which genes will be passed on from the parents to the offspring. This means that breeders should be careful when mixing one breed with another.
Observing the dog’s behavior while growing up may help identify certain problems that may arise in the future and may even resolve them through training.
Here are some of the Pit Bull Terrier mix with other well-known dog breeds and their characteristics and behavior.
|Breeds with Pit Bull Terrier Mix||Breed Combined|
|Aussie Cattle Pitbull||Australian Cattle Dog and Pit Bull Terrier|
|Beagle Bull||Beagle and American Pit Bull Terrier|
|Golden Pitbull||Golden Retriever and American Pit Bull Terrier|
|Labrabull||Labrador and American Pit Bull Terrier|
|Pitbull Boxer Mix||Boxer Dog and Pit Bull Terrier|
|Pitbull Mastiff Mix||English Mastiff and Pit Bull Terrier|
|Pitsky||Husky and Pit Bull Terrier|
Aussie Cattle Pitbull
- It is a mix between an Australian Cattle dog and a Pit Bull Terrier.
- The Australian Cattle is known to be a good herding dog, a loyal company, and hardworking.
- Since a Pit Bull Terrier is also energetic like the Aussie, mixing them together can mean doubling their energy level. You should be ready to give them lots of playtime and exercise.
- A Beagle Bull is a combination of an American Pit Bull Terrier and a Beagle.
- A Beagle is more of a family dog than a service dog. They would love to just sit or cuddle beside you than to stay outside and guard the house.
- They are very playful when young and can become calm and disciplined as they get older.
- A Beagle Bull can be stubborn, too, and can get challenging when it comes to training. You must be consistent and firm, yet positively reinforcing whatever you want them to learn.
- A Golden Pit Bull is a mix of a Golden Retriever and an American Pit Bull Terrier.
- Golden Retrievers are generally known to be intelligent, loving, and well-behaved dogs.
- Golden Pitbulls are known as good family dogs due to their good treatment of children and their owners.
- A Golden Pitbull should be socialized and trained early so that they can treat other people and animals nicely.
- Another popular mix of a Pit Bull Terrier is a Labrabull. It is a combination of an American Pit Bull Terrier and a Labrador.
- It is a loyal and friendly companion.
- A Labrabull can be a very energetic and family-oriented breed of dog.
- They can have a good relationship with other people and other pets if they are socialized early.
Pitbull Boxer Mix
- A Pitbull Boxer is a mix of a Pit Bull Terrier and a Boxer dog, one of the most favorite breeds in the US.
- This combination is also a fusion of two balls of energy. If you have a Pitbull Boxer puppy, you should be ready with a bunch of play and exercises.
- This mix has a possibility to look like a purebred Pit Bull Terrier because of their ancestors that have some similarities.
- Early socialization is also important with a Pitbull Boxer mix.
Pitbull Mastiff Mix
- A Pitbull Mastiff is a combination of an English Mastiff dog and a Pit Bull Terrier.
- A Pitbull Mastiff mix is extraordinary in the sense that they are extremely opposite when it comes to their personality. So you will be surprised which personality the puppy will get. There is a chance that both personalities will be equally sprinkled though.
- A Pitbull Mastiff is known to be trustworthy, loyal, and loving to its family.
- Since a Mastiff is a giant, you can expect a big dog as a result as well.
- Your Pitbull Mastiff can either be a sleepy head or an energy ball depending on which parent is more prominent. It can also be a combination of both.
- One of the most handsome and well-loved breeds out there is a Husky. It can also be mixed with a Pit Bull Terrier and you’ll get an amazing result.
- A Pitsky can have lots of energy that’s why they need to use it for exercises or play or else it may turn into bad behavior.
- Your Pitsky can have beautiful blue or brown eyes.
- Training your Pitsky can help prevent their destructive and too playful nature.
Are Pit Bull Mixes Good Dogs?
Generally, when both parents are chosen carefully, a mix of a Pit Bull Terrier with another breed can give you good results. They can either be a good family dog, service dog or simply a loyal friend. Remember that training and socialization, no matter what the breed is, are important.
Is a Pit Bull Terrier Mix Dangerous?
A Pit Bull Terrier mix can give different outcomes. Some mixes can be dangerous and some can be gentle and nice. It all depends on the traits and characteristics of the two parents that you are mixing together. Always put those into consideration, not just the looks or appearance.
What is a Pitbull Terrier Mix Called?
A Pitbull Terrier Mix can also be called a Pitweiler. It’s one of the most popular “guard dog” breeds yet friendly and loyal to its family.
A Pit Bull Terrier can produce excellent offspring when mixed with other good dog breeds. They can still have some negative traits which can be corrected by proper training with positive and consistent reinforcement. Socialization at an early stage can also help them grow disciplined and less assertive.