The price of a dog depends on many different factors. It can be based on their breed, age, and registration or papers, among other things. Some dogs are considered more expensive than others, just like a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. How much does a Staffordshire Bull Terrier cost?
- How Much Does a Staffordshire Bull Terrier Cost?
- Related Questions
How Much Does a Staffordshire Bull Terrier Cost?
A Staffordshire Bull Terrier has an average cost of $2000 in the US. Staffies’ price ranges from $1000 to $3000. It varies due to the breeder’s reputation, location, and the dog’s pedigree, age, and gender. If a Staffordshire Bull Terrier is rare in your area, then it can cost a little higher.
The first year of owning a Staffordshire Bull Terrier is the most expensive because of a lot of several expenses. Your expenses can reach up to $4500 including the food, other necessary vaccination and medication, supplies, and toys. In the United Kingdom, a puppy Staffy can cost from £600 to £1,000.
Things to Know Before Owning a Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Though you can afford a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, you can’t just jump out of your bed and get one. There are lots of things that you should consider before acquiring a Staffy. Here are the most common things that you should know if you want a Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
The characteristics of a Staffy can be different from one dog to another. You cannot judge them all based on one thing that you have heard or read about them. So here are some of the general characteristics of a Staffordshire Bull Terrier to guide you.
- Staffies are friendly both with children and adults. They can be very affectionate and caring towards their owner.
- They are highly energetic so they need a lot of exercises. Their exercise can include walking, jogging, running, and fetching. Exercise can also strengthen their muscles and immune system.
- Staffies do well indoors. However, you need to make sure that your fence is high enough because they can jump really high as well.
- Staffies are attention-seekers and they would love it if you play with them and give them time for training. They may not be very easy to train and can be stubborn sometimes, yet they can still learn and they need it.
Just like any other dog, Staffordshire Bull Terrier have their necessities. These things are important to keep them healthy and strong. Keeping your Staffy healthy can save you from a lot of vet bills and medications.
- Staffordshire Bull Terriers are easy to groom. Since they have a smooth, single coat, you may brush their fur at least once or twice a week to minimize shedding.
- They don’t need much bathing as well. Once every four months would be enough. If he’s very dirty because of playing outside, you can bathe your Staffy occasionally.
- They need a person to be with most of the time. So, if you’re always out and about for several reasons, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier might not be for you. They can suffer from separation anxiety and may result in destroying your stuff at home.
- They need high-quality and age-appropriate food to grow big and healthy. A certain amount of food in their bowl is also necessary.
- Training and early socialization are highly recommended for this breed.
Where to Get a Cheaper Yet Quality Staffordshire Bull Terrier
A puppy and purebred Staffordshire Bull Terrier can be expensive and out of your budget. If you still want to have one with a lower cost, yet still quality and not a problematic dog, here are some of the tips that we can give you. Remember to still check on the dog personally to identify possible problems early on.
- Adoption is one of the cheapest and safest ways to acquire a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Some of them are put in a shelter since their previous owner doesn’t have time for them. Look for a reputable rescue organization to make sure that you will still have a healthy dog. The adoption rate can range from $150 to $500.
- The older the dog, the cheaper its price will be. Some owners prefer to have their dogs with them as early as 8 weeks old. If age is not a problem with you, then you can get an older one. 6 months or 1 year old should cost less than a puppy Staffy.
- If you’re not planning to let your dog sign for a dog show or for breeding, mixed-breed Staffy can be an option for you. Mixed dog breeds have lower prices compared to purebred ones.
- Check your location if this breed is famous or rare. The fewer the number of this breed in your state or country, the more pricey it will be. You can locate some breeders in a different area and ask for an available Staffy. Be sure to check on it and if it is allowed to travel and be with you in your community.
How Long Do Staffordshire Bull Terriers Live?
A Staffordshire Bull Terrier may live an average life of about 12 to 14 years. It depends on the nutrition, lifestyle, and genes of your dog. Some Staffordshire Bull Terrier can die at an early age.
How Much Does a Staffordshire Bull Terrier Cost Without Papers?
A Staffordshire Bull Terrier without papers and registration from different organizations costs less. The average price of a Staffordshire Bull Terrier without papers is $1,200.
Should I Get a Male or a Female Staffordshire Bull Terrier?
A male and female Staffordshire Bull Terrier have good personalities and behavior. However, depending on where they came from and who their parents are, they can develop some bad behaviors. So either a male or a female, you should consider more about their personalities, unless your main goal is to breed.
A Staffordshire Bull Terrier’s cost can range from $1000 to $3000 dollars with an average price of $2000. Before buying a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, make sure that they are allowed in your state or neighborhood.
Consider their needs and characteristics as well. They can live well and happy if they are properly taken care of.