Are you wondering what kind of puppy treats to give Boston Terriers while training or rewarding good behavior? This review article will give you some ideas on how to choose a healthy and delicious treat for your Boston Terrier puppy.
- Our Top Boston Terrier Treat Reviews
- Features to Consider on Puppy Treats for Boston Terriers
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top Boston Terrier Treat Reviews
Boston Terriers, like any other dogs, love to munch on treats. There are different flavors that they can savor, and nutrients that they can benefit from.
However, not all dog treats offer both taste and health benefits. So, we gathered three of the best kinds of puppy treats to give Boston Terriers.
Best Treats for Boston Terriers Overall: PureBites RAW Freeze Chicken Breast Dog Treats
The PureBites RAW Freeze Chicken Breast Dog Treats is made with surprisingly one ingredient only. Unlike the Wellness SoftBites and Full Moon Organic Training Treats, they’re 100% made from pure chicken breast, which is the healthiest part of a chicken. It contains lots of protein which is good for your growing Boston Terrier puppy.
This treat is freeze-dried to lock the aroma, freshness, texture, and flavor that your puppy will love. Unlike the other two treats on the list, this one is the only product that uses that process. PureBites Dog Treats are good even if your Boston Terrier has some health issues such as obesity, diabetes, allergies (as long as it’s not chicken allergy), and other gastrointestinal disorders.
You just have to give the treats moderately and make sure your puppy has some exercise. Since it offers a lot of flavor and health benefits, the cost is also expensive.
- It contains high protein which helps in general growth and muscle build up.
- It is pure chicken and no fillers or preservatives added in the product.
- You can’t store them just like a normal dry treat, put them in a sealed container and in the freezer to ensure lasting quality
- Made with only 1 ingredient; 100% Pure USA Sourced & Made Raw Human Grade Chicken Breast
- PureBites Chicken Breast 8.6oz | 243g has 1.9lbs. of RAW Chicken Breast and on average 330 treats...
- 100% natural, pure and easy to digest without any added preservatives
Best Low-Calorie Treat for Boston Terriers: Fruitable Dog Biscuit Treats
Unlike the ZIWI Dog Reward Air-Dried Beef Treats, the Fruitable Dog Biscuits Treats are made with pumpkin, making them an effective deworming agent against tapeworms and other intestinal parasites. Boston terriers have sensitive stomachs that do not react well to grains, as they can make them gassy and bloated.
Similar to the PureBites RAW Freeze Chicken Breast Dog Treats, these treats contain healthy flavors free from corn, wheat, and soy, relieving your dog of gastrointestinal system issues. Other ingredients include real bacon and apple that contain the smell of a pumpkin and healthy nutrients, helping with your dog’s digestion.
The Fruitable Dog Biscuit Treats have a big crunch that is twice larger than normally baked treats, reducing the chances of choking. It contains low calories ingredients, preventing the dog from gaining unhealthy weight. It will also help to boost the immune system of the dog, improve eyesight and lower cancer risks.
Although pumpkin can help loosen the stool of a constipated dog, it can cause stomach problems and diarrhea in dogs with sensitive stomachs. That means you will be limited to treating your dog with low amounts to prevent your dog from developing stomach issues.
The high fiber content of pumpkin in the treat can also reduce the body’s ability to absorb protein and nutrients from other dog foods, leading to deficiency and malnutrition.
- Fruitable Treats will help to balance the alkaline levels in the body system of your Boston Terrier
- It is rich in essential vitamins and mineral salts that will help in boosting the immune system and improve the dog’s digestion
- Excessive consumption of the Fruit Treat might cause stomach discomfort and diarrhea.
- Although the ingredients are healthy, the pumpkin flavor and smell might not be pleasant to some dogs
- BIG TASTE + BIG CRUNCH - Your dog will agree, bigger really is better! Biggies feature big taste and...
- REAL BACON AND APPLE - Made with real healthy ingredients such as bacon and apple, our oven-baked...
- PACKED WITH FLAVOR - Fruitables Biggies are packed with mouthwatering flavor!
Best High-Protein Treat for Boston Terriers: ZIWI Dog Reward Air-Dried Beef Treats
Like the PureBites RAW Freeze Chicken Breast Dog Treats, ZIWI Dog Reward Air-Dried Beef Treats are grain-free treats with no added carbohydrates. They contain around least 4.7kCal per piece allowing you to engage your dog in reward-based training while rewarding good behavior without risking its health.
Boston terriers dog breeds require at least 30 minutes of daily exercise to maintain a healthy lifestyle, they need high protein for muscle development. This treat is made with 96% organ, meat, and bone, which are rich in protein and can help boost muscle growth much faster than the Fruitable Dog Biscuit Treats.
Proteins are also the best for supplying amino acids, which in turn help to transport nutrients through the body, build and repair body tissues, as well as maintain healthy skin and coat.
However, the high protein levels in these treats may increase urea levels, which, in turn, might overwork the kidneys and lead to kidney damage. It is, therefore, advisable to avoid feeding your dog more than 10% of its daily caloric intake to reduce the chances of obesity and excessive urea levels.
- It contains Omega 3 and fatty acids that help in preventing heart diseases and reducing inflammations.
- It is a single protein treat which is a good option for Terriers with sensitive tummies and allergies.
- Excessive consumption of these treats might increase the chances of your Boston Terrier being obese
- It’s excessively dry and might not be the best treat after intense exercises such as running
- IRRESISTIBLE, HIGH VALUE REWARD: Mouth-watering, high protein air-dried Beef dog treats that will...
- GUILT-FREE & LOW CALORIE: At less than 4.7 kCal per piece, these healthy treats are grain-free with...
- SINGLE PROTEIN & LIMITED INGREDIENT: Made with 96% meat, organ and bone, these delicious air-dried...
Features to Consider on Puppy Treats for Boston Terriers
Just like any other food that you want to give your Boston Terrier puppy, well-crafted and healthy ingredients for a treat should be considered. There are some features that you need to consider before buying treats for your pup. Here’s a list of features that you need to take note of. Additionally, below is a table for a quick reference.
|Product||Main Ingredient/s||Form||Calories Per Treat|
|PureBites RAW Dog Treats||Chicken Breast||Freeze-dried||3|
|Wellness Soft WellBites||Beef and Turkey with Whole Fruits and Vegetables||Crunchy, Chewy||12|
|Full Moon Organic Human Grade Training Treats||Organic Chicken with flax seed, rosemary, celery, and cane sugar||Soft, Chewy||3|
When looking at the list of the ingredients, the shorter it is, the better. Choose treats that are naturally preserved and don’t use any chemicals and artificial flavorings. Look for treats with high-quality and whole food ingredients such as meat, fruits, and vegetables.
The PureBites RAW Freeze Chicken Breast Dog Treats is the best example when it comes to a shortlist of ingredients.
Form and Size of a Treat
Boston Terriers tend to gobble up whatever’s in front of them when they are training. Make sure to supervise them while eating the treat especially if it’s a big chunk to prevent them from getting choked. If the treat is small, make sure it is small enough for easy chewing and swallowing. If the treat is big, make it big enough not to be swallowed.
Calorie and Fat Content
Treats should be rich in protein just like their usual meal. It should not have high amounts of cholesterol and saturated fats. The recommended amount of calories per treat is only 10% daily. Too many treats can cause them to gain weight or get obese, which is not good for Boston Terriers.
The recommended amount of calories per treat is only 10% daily. Too many treats can cause them to gain weight or get obese, which is not good for Boston Terriers. The Fruit Dog Biscuit Treats might be the best for overweight dogs as they have low-calorie content.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Often Should I Treat My Boston Terrier?
There is no rule on how often you should treat your Boston terrier, provided you limit the treats to 10% of their everyday calories. When your Boston Terrier gets involved in intense activities, they may use lots of energy, and you might consider giving them more treats to help replenish their energy levels.
What Happens When I Give Treats With a Lot of Amino Acid to My Boston Terrier?
Too many amino acids in the body of the Boston Terrier can cause stomach upset, nausea, or fatigue. Your Boston Terrier might also experience low moods and lack of proper coordination as side effects of excessive amino acids.
Are Freeze-Dried Dog Treats Healthy For Boston Terriers?
Freeze-dried dog treats are healthy for Boston Terriers. During this process, excess water is removed without evaporating the essential nutrients. Most of the freeze-dried dog treats are low in calories as well. However, they are often expensive compared to other treats.
The choices for treats for Boston Terriers are endless. However, there are some that cannot give many nutrients and other benefits to your dog. Remember to choose treats that contain less in number, yet more natural ingredients, have low-calorie content, and will not cause choking.