Are you searching for the best toys for Boston Terriers? Look no further, this guide is for you. These little, lovable companions are energetic, and you need to keep them busy. With so many choices available, getting the right ones can prove tough.
- Best Toys for Boston Terriers
- Types of Toys to Get Your Boston Terrier
- What You Should Consider When Buying a Toy for Your Boston Terrier?
- Fun Games You Can Play with a Boston Terrier
Best Toys for Boston Terriers
To come up with the top 4 toys for Boston Terriers, we did extensive research and went through a lot of customer reviews. Later on in this guide, we will look at what you should look for in a toy and outline some fun activities for you and your pet.
Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel Squeaky Puzzle Plush Dog Toy
On top of our list had to be this plush dog toy. The Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel Squeaky Puzzle Plush Dog Toy is simply a power toy. It’s great to keep your beloved pet entertained for a long time while arousing their natural hunting instincts.
The stuffing consists of a soft plush texture. It’s gentle to the dog’s teeth during playtime. For this reason, we recommend it for puppies and older dogs with teeth issues.
The Hide-A-Squirrel Squeaky Puzzle comes with 6 stuffed squeaky squirrels that you fill the tree trunk with. It is easy to set up and really fun to play with.
During playtime, the toy is very engaging. On one hand, you can place the squirrel-filled trunk on the ground and let your dogs play hide and seek. Alternatively, you can take out one of the squirrels and use it as a ball to play fetch with.
While this toy is fairly durable your Boston Terrier can destroy it if they turn aggressive, especially since they come with countable seams.
- 2 in 1 interactive toy
- Gentle synthetic stuffing
- 6 squeaky, stuffed squirrels
- Stuffed tree trunk
What We Like
- Great appealing design that
- Replaceable squirrels upon destruction
- Soft plush stuffing harmless to the dog’s teeth
- Interactive and keeps the dogs fully engaged
What We Don’t Like
- The squirrels have countable seams
- Easy to tear apart
- The squirrels’ torn off limbs or tail can be a choking hazard
- HIDE & SQUEAK FUN: The Hide A Squirrel dog puzzle is an easy way to get your furry friends engaged...
- 2-IN-1 INTERACTIVE PLAY: Toss the squirrel-filled trunk, place it on the ground, or take the squeaky...
- CHALLENGING & IRRESISTIBLE: Keep boredom at bay and your curious canine mentally-stimulated while...
Wobble Wag Giggle Ball
If you are looking for a great option for a game of fetch, we recommend the Wobble Wag Giggle Ball. This is an easy pick especially if you are looking for a good balance between cost and functionality. In addition, it provides a good form of exercise. As a result, your Boston terrier remains healthy and in good shape.
The ball has 6 clutch points. This makes it very simple for your furry friend to pick it up. The fun toy is also easily set off with a nudge of their nose. For these reasons, it is effortless to play with even if your best friend is just a puppy.
As the ball shakes, it makes interesting noises which dogs find really attractive. Unlike other toys that use batteries, this one has tubes that emit sound and giggle during movement. Compared to the other three, it is the best value for your money.
- 6 clutch pockets for holding
- Tubes which emit sound
- Made of the phthalate-free vinyl material
What We Like
- Suitable for dogs of different ages
- The pockets make it easy for your little friend to lift and carry
- You don’t need to have batteries for it to emit sounds
- Durable and easy to maintain
- Good for both indoor and outdoor
What We Don’t Like
- You have to personally keep throwing it for them to fetch
- It does not hold up so well as a chew toy
- FUN FOR ALL BIG OR SMALL Wobble Wag Giggle Ball is great for dogs of all ages and sizes! The 4...
- WOBBLE WAG GIGGLE Ball With just the nudge of a nose, off the ball goes! The ball does not require...
- HAPPY, HEALTHY & FIT! The giggle sounds when rolled or shaken, engage dogs natural curiosity &...
Chuck It! Classic Ball Launcher
If you would love your Boston terrier to have a good time, this is it. Chuck It! Classic Ball Launcher makes it for you to play with your dog especially if you are if trying to multitask or just don’t want to touch the ball.
The 26-inch launcher enables you to pick up dirty balls hands-free. On top of that, the launcher is capable of throwing a ball twice as far. Consequently, your little friend will have a longer distance to cover which translates to more exercise for them.
This toy consists of lightweight material. For this reason, you can easily use it both indoors and outdoors. It is great for puppies who basically want to play with you. If your dog loves playing fetch, yet the wiggle wag wobble is a little too expensive, this works.
- Durable, lightweight plastic
- 26 inches Long
- It comes with a fold ball
- Brightly colored
- Compatible with a standard tennis ball
What We Like
- It makes playing with your dog less tiring, convenient, and fun
- It covers a longer distance thus your best friend exercises more
- You can use the launcher with any standard tennis ball
- It works for both outdoors and in water, great for backyards
- The brightly colored ball is well visible during playtime
What We Don’t Like
- If your dog is a strong chewer, they might destroy the lightweight plastic material
- The ball that comes with the launcher tends to have a bad smell
- TENNIS BALL LAUNCHER: Our longest launcher at 26 inches, this dog ball launcher enhances fetch by...
- PET TOYS: Get ready for bonding fun with your dogs. Check out a variety of our pet toy products such...
- CHUCKIT FETCH TOY: Chuckit creates toys that enrich the human-animal bond bright colors help dogs...
KONG Classic Dog Toy
If your main concern for a toy is durability, the KONG Classic Dog Toy will be a great pick. The toy offers mental stimulation for your Boston Terrier while also satisfying instinctual needs. It acts as a commendable chew and fetch toy for growing Boston Terriers.
Even though it is a high performer and your dog might have it as a favorite in no time, it should last for a long while. Apart from playing, you can stuff it with a tasty treat for your slow-feeding companion to eat away.
This KONG toy is also a great solution for teething. You simply freeze it then give your Boston Terrier to provide a cooling effect to sore gums. Compared to the Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel Squeaky Puzzle Plush Dog Toy, Wobble Wag Giggle Ball, and Chuck It! Classic Ball Launcher, is the most durable.
- Multifunctional and versatile
- Made of durable rubber
- It has a brilliant color
- Veterinarian recommended and eco-friendly
- Smooth texture and irregular shape
What We Like
- Very durable, your average chewer can stay with it for quite a while
- Its design enables your pup to be fully engaged for a long period
- You can use the toy for both playing and feeding
- Safe for your pet and eco-friendly
What We Don’t Like
- Not suitable for puppies
- It does not produce any captivating sound
- Medium Dogs (Up to 35 lbs): The KONG Classic red rubber toy is 2.25" by 3.5"; it helps satisfy dogs'...
- Fetch and Chew Toy: The KONG Classic's unpredictable bounce makes for exciting games of fetch and...
- Stuffing: The stuffable KONG Classic is even more enticing when treat filled with bits of kibble,...
Types of Toys to Get Your Boston Terrier
There are different types of games you can indulge in with your pup. For that reason, you need to know which toys do what. While some are for physical exercise, others are mental. You can get a great deal, where a single toy serves various purposes.
Let us have a look at the four categories, they are:
These are common types of toys for dogs. They range from different balls to sticks and some stuffed toys. The best fetch toys are usually bouncy, bright-colored, easy to pick and carry for a Boston Terrier. We also prefer those that make squeaky sounds.
Fetch toys are great to exercise your dog more physically than mentally.
How destructive can your dog get? These toys show you just how much. Plus toys offer some resistance to chewing. However, for an active chewer, it might not hold up for long.
To avoid big messes, we advise you to get plush toys with lesser stuffing. Another advantage is they are easy to clean too.
Your canine friend adores playing with you. These toys are great for dependent playing, what you need to bond with your pup. An example of such toys is a rope, though they come in numerous designs, colors, and sizes.
Tug toys are usually very durable.
Does your dog keep chewing on your things? If yes, then you most likely need one of these. While it can be as a result of their playful nature, it could also be due to teething. So, if your Boston Terrier has aggressive chewing habits, these types of toys are perfect for them
The best part is, some have dental hygiene benefits which make for a good bargain for your pup.
What You Should Consider When Buying a Toy for Your Boston Terrier?
The type of materials used dictates the durability of the toy. Most of us want toys that will serve our Boston Terriers for quite a while, even if they are active chewers. Dog toys made of rubber or hard plastic top the list.
Yous should avoid anything made of low-quality or unknown material. In some cases, the materials used on the toys can be harmful to your pet when exposed to over a long period of time.
It is much better to get your tiny American gentleman a toy they can comfortably play with. If it is too big, the toy might intimidate your pup. As a result, it will be a waste because they won’t play with it.
When we specifically look at fetch toys, they have to be relatively small and breathable. This is a precautionary measure you can take because these flat-nosed friends are prone to respiratory issues. A relatively big toy might hinder effective breathing.
Ease of Cleaning
Boston Terriers are social and love playing with their owners. As they play daily, their toys get dirty and you will have to clean regularly. For this reason, the type of toys you get ought to be easy to clean so they don’t catch germs.
For stuffed toys, we recommend you get those with lesser stuffing. They’re easier to clean compared to heavily stuffed ones. For fetch toys, anything with a smooth texture is most likely as smooth to wash too.
If your dog is a powerful chewer, avoid toys that can’t withstand being chewed on. In the long run, this will help you from buying toys every other week. Additionally, you prevent any choking hazard.
Where will you be playing with your pup? This is another important factor you should not overlook. If you live in an apartment and have no backyard, you can get any toy since most of them can handle indoor games.
In the case of dog owners with larger space, ascertain your pet can play anywhere by getting toys she can use outdoors or in water. Luckily, most manufacturers clearly point out where their toys are playable.
The toys are great for playtime, it is not a do or die situation. That being so, you do not have to break your bank to get one. Once you have taken aside the choices you have in terms of the most suited.
The best part is there are also toys in the low range which can work productively. So be realistic when it comes to the price tag unless it is not a problem.
Fun Games You Can Play with a Boston Terrier
As you bring up a puppy, especially this breed, we recommended you expose them to both people and fellow pups. Boston Terriers are very social and love interacting. Moreover, they should have at least 30 minutes of exercise daily.
Some exciting activities you can do together include:
While it might be demanding, it is worth it. Train your dog some basic commands like ‘sit’ and ‘fetch’. Although you are the master and should put your foot down as the Alpha, this sometimes does not work.
Just watch out how you speak. Boston Terriers are very sensitive to your tone, if they sense you are harsh they can switch off completely.
Ever thought of taking your little companion along? It is great exercise for them. Nevertheless, do not tug on their collar in an attempt for them to keep up. Also, skip taking them along if it is too hot or too cold.
Being flat-nosed and not-so-furry skinned, such conditions might distress the Boston Terriers.
Going to Dog Parks
Let your beloved pet meet and interact with other dogs. The best place to do so is in a dog park. Once there, you can sit and watch your dogs play until time is up.
So there you have it, some of the best toys for Boston Terriers that you can get your favorite companion. Ultimately, when you buy him or her a toy, remember to carefully consider all factors we have looked at and choose the best fit for them.