Aside from their variety of adorable sizes, Yorkshire terriers are also known for their brown, long fur coat that makes them cuter and more cuddly. Yorkshire terriers’ coats make them unique and beautiful, which is why a lot of people are looking for the awesome shampoo for Yorkshire terriers in the market.
Well, you don’t need to look further! Here’s our recommendation about the perfect shampoos for Yorkshire terriers that will fit perfectly with what you are looking for!
- Our Top Shampoo for Yorkshire Terrier in the Market
- Features to Consider for Yorkshire Terrier Shampoo
- Health Factors in Choosing Shampoo for Yorkshire Terriers
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top Shampoo for Yorkshire Terrier in the Market
There are different varieties of Yorkshire terrier shampoos on the market. Thus, it is important to choose the perfect shampoo that will fit the specific needs of your Yorkshire terrier. Here are the perfect shampoos for Yorkshire terriers on the market, all with different key features for your dog’s needs!
Douxo S3 Calm Dog Shampoo
The Douxo S3 Calm Dog Shampoo is the perfect shampoo for Yorkshire terrier. Douxo S3 Calm Dog Shampoo not only maintains and cleans your Yorkshire terrier’s coat and skin, but it also soothes and relieves itchiness and painful, inflamed skin due to allergies.
The Douxo S3 Calm Dog Shampoo, unlike TropiClean Dog Shampoo, is recommended by US veterinarians for dogs with sensitive skin allergies. Douxo S3 Calm Dog Shampoo also has detangling properties that Earthbath Hypoallergenic Dog Shampoo lacks in its formula.
The only thing that Douxo S3 lacks in its formula would be the fresh and aromatic smell that most dog shampoo brands have. Douxo S3 doesn’t have a strong aromatic smell since the formula is specifically centered around the soothing properties it provides.
If you want your Yorkshire terrier to smell fresh and good, you might want to look for dog cologne to partner with this shampoo.
- Its formula is clinically designed to relieve itching and inflamed skin caused by skin allergies perfect for Yorkshire terriers with sensitive skin.
- It has detangling properties perfect for Yorkshire terrier’s long and curly fur coat.
- It relieves itching for as early as 7 days for Yorkshire terrier’s with extreme itching and skin irritation and can also be used for long term maintenance.
- The shampoo does not have the strong aromatic smell that most Yorkshire terrier owners look for in their dog’s shampoo to maintain a fresh smell.
- Most of its formulation’s ingredients are chemical-based.
- DOUXO S3 CALM Shampoo helps provide your dog or cat with soothing relief from the discomfort of...
- #1 non-prescription topical brand used and recommended by US veterinarians for dogs and cats with...
- Detangles fur and leaves the hair and coat soft and shiny, and helps repair skin ecosystem
TropiClean Dog Shampoo
If you’re looking for an affordable Yorkshire terrier shampoo, the TropiClean Dog Shampoo is what you are looking for! Despite its affordability, TropiClean Dog Shampoo is a trusted dog shampoo that gets that job done when it comes to cleaning your Yorkshire terrier’s coat and skin.
Compared to Douxo S3 Calm Shampoo, the TropiClean Dog Shampoo provides exfoliation and moisture to Yorkshire terrier’s skin–all while effectively maintaining a healthy and fresh fur coat.
Unlike Paws and Pals Argan Shampoo which lacks properties to reduce shedding, TropiClean vows to reduce shedding using coconut oil as their main essential oils for nourishing Yorkshire terrier’s skin.
However, you should be careful in choosing this product if you are not a fan of shampoos with a strong aromatic smell since the TropiClean Dog Shampoo has a musk-like smell that can be overwhelming for owners with sensitive noses.
It can also mix with your dog’s natural smell that can create a rather conflicting aroma if used frequently.
- Its formula is designed to accommodate Yorkshire terriers that have shedding problems through its coconut oil ingredient that reduces shedding and nourishes the skin.
- It has exfoliating and moisturizing properties for Yorkshire terriers with dry and flaky skin.
- It has strong, aromatic smells that can be overwhelming for owners with sensitive noses.
- The packaging is not leak-proof.
- REDUCES SHEDDING – Deshedding shampoo for dogs and cats help control unwanted shedding while...
- ELIMINATES DOG SMELL – Reduce smelly pet odor with the tropical lime & coconut scent of our good...
- FEEL-GOOD INGREDIENTS – Our moisturizing dog shampoo is derived from natural ingredients such as...
Isle of Dogs Silky Coating Dog Shampoo
If you are searching for aromatic and good smelling dog shampoo for your Yorkshire terrier, the Isle of Dogs Silky Coating Dog Shampoo is one of the most fragrant-induced shampoos there is on the market with its refreshing lavender and jasmine fragrance, perfect for Yorkshire terriers!
Isle of Dogs Dog Shampoo is also formulated to specifically meet the needs of Yorkshire terriers, beagles, and spaniels that are known to have soft and delicate coats.
This dog shampoo prides itself on its silky coating formula that provides gentle nourishment for your dog’s coat that makes it silkier and smoother compared to other dog shampoos on the list.
Unlike TropiClean Dog Shampoo, the Isle of Dogs Dog Shampoo offers detangling and softening properties to their formula that prevents matting and dryness in Yorkshire terrier coats. However, it does not have mild essential ingredients like coconut oil and oatmeal for itchy skin relief and skin allergies.
- It comes with jasmine and vanilla fragrance that allows Yorkshire terriers to smell fresh and good for days.
- It moisturizes, softens, and silken Yorkshire terrier’s coat through its silky coating formula that provides comfort for dogs with dry skin.
- The bottle does not indicate whether it is hypoallergenic or safe for Yorkshire terriers with sensitive skin.
- It is not tear-free which can cause irritation and sting to your Yorkshire terrier’s eyes upon direct contact.
- SILKY COATING SHAMPOO: A gentle, cleansing shampoo formulated to create a soft and silky feel to the...
- SOFTER, SMOOTHER COAT: Designed for both short and long-coated breeds! This softening and detangling...
- FRESHENING FORMULA: Invites more cuddles and pets! A clean, shiny, and fresh coat is a good...
Earthbath Hypoallergenic Dog Shampoo
The Earthbath Hypoallergenic Dog Shampoo wins the recommended hypoallergenic shampoo in the list as it is one of the most famous shampoo brands that are gentle and safe for Yorkshire terrier’s skin.
Looking for hypoallergenic dog shampoos like Earthbath is important, especially for Yorkshire terriers that are prone to having skin allergies.
Unlike Isle of Dogs Dog Shampoo which has chemical-based ingredients, the Earthbath Dog Shampoo has natural and organic ingredients that provide safety, comfort, and nutrients to Yorkshire terrier’s skin and coat.
Its formula also detoxifies and exfoliates Yorkshire terrier skin to rejuvenate dry and inflamed skin from allergies and irritants.
Also, Earthbath does not have sulfates in its formula compared to Isle of Dogs which is an ingredient that can cause eye problems when dogs are exposed frequently. Earthbath pledges to have no parabens, no dyes, no soap, no sultates, no phthalates, no alcohol, and other harsh properties in their formula.
- Its formula is made from all organic and natural ingredients that caters Yorkshire terrier’s with sensitive skin.
- It contains coconut oil, aloe vera, and vitamin E which gives moisture and nourishment for Yorkshire terrier’s skin and coat.
- It is fragrance free which is not recommended for owners who want their Yorkshire terriers smelling good and fresh after baths.
- The packaging is not leak-proof.
- ADDRESS DRY, ITCHY, AND FLAKY SKIN - Colloidal Oatmeal and Organic Aloe Vera help combat skin...
- BRILLIANTLY CLEAN & SOFT - This luxurious shampoo is soap free and pH-balanced to clean and...
- SAFETY FIRST - Our Oatmeal & Aloe, Vanilla & Almond Shampoo will not wash off topical flea...
Paws and Pals Argan Shampoo
The Paws and Pals Argan Shampoo wins the title for the itch-relieving shampoo for Yorkshire terriers.
The natural, vegan-friendly ingredients of this shampoo paves its way through veterinary clinics as one of the most trusted dog shampoos for dogs with sensitive skin. It is a trusted brand for dog owners who want to have a mild and natural shampoo for their dogs.
Thanks to Paws and Pals Argan Shampoo’s intricate nourishing formula made from argan oil for softness and shine, aloe vera for soothing itchy and inflamed skin, and vitamin B5 for moisture against brittle coats, your Yorkshire terrier will be at peace with its skin allergies and irritations.
Unlike Isle of Dogs Shampoo, Paws and Pals Argan Shampoo are tear-free and soapless in their formulation to assure safety and comfort during bathtimes. It is also made with mild and all-natural ingredients like Earthbath and 4Legger Dog Shampoos which is perfect for Yorkshire terrier’s skin and coat.
- It is made with natural ingredients like argan oil, aloe vera, and added vitamins B5 for skin and coat’s moisture and nutrition without compromising Yorkshire terrier’s health.
- It prevents skin allergies and coat brittleness due to its vitamin B5 and aloe vera ingredients.
- The moisturizing properties are not as effective as its itch relieving properties, especially for dogs with severe flaky and dry skin.
- The shampoo consistency is watery which makes it hard to apply.
- MADE IN THE USA: Premium coat and skin treatment without sacrificing vegan and organic principles or...
- NOURISHING FORMULA: Our shampoo includes 100% Natural Oils for deep cleansing and moisturizing your...
- TEAR-FREE SOAPLESS FORMULA TURNS BATHTIME INTO PLAYTIME: Our tear-free formula is the result of...
4Legger Organic Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
If you are looking for a good organic shampoo for Yorkshire terriers, the 4Legger Organic Oatmeal Dog Shampoo is the recommended shampoo you can find.
Its production and manufacturing are even certified under USDA Organic Food Standards that assure the quality of ingredients in their shampoo.
Unlike Douxo S3 Calm Shampoo which mostly has a chemical-based formulation for its itch relieving properties, the 4Legger Organic Oatmeal Dog Shampoo has eight organic and essential ingredients
- jojoba oil
- lavender essential oil
- coconut oil
- aloe vera
- olive oil
- rosemary extract
that works hand-in-hand to prevent itchiness and irritation on the skin.
Like Paws and Pals Argan Shampoo and Earthbath Dog Shampoo, this shampoo also guarantees safe, fun, and comfortable bath time for Yorkshire terriers, all while giving their skin extra moisturization, nourishment, and protection against skin allergies and irritants especially for Yorkshire terriers with sensitive skin.
- It uses organic ingredients that are USDA Certified to Organic Food Standards to assure safe and high-quality practices in their production and manufacturing processes.
- Coconut oil, aloe vera, and other essential oils and extract ensure strong, moisturized, healthy, and soft skin and coat without using harsh and toxic chemicals that can harm dog’s health.
- It has a thin texture that is not favorable for owners who prefer thick and foamy shampoos for their Yorkshire terriers.
- It has a mild fragrance that doesn’t last for days.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS THAT MAKE SENSE: 4Legger usda certified organic dog shampoo is a true all...
- GREAT FOR ITCH RELIEF AND SENSITIVE SKIN: The perfect itchy dog shampoo without artificial synthetic...
- THE CHOICE FOR ECO-CONSCIOUS PET PARENTS: 4-Legger dog shampoo is made from sustainably sourced, all...
Features to Consider for Yorkshire Terrier Shampoo
There are different varieties of Yorkshire terrier shampoo that offer different formulations and features which makes it difficult for owners to choose the perfect among their many choices.
However, there are still a set of features that will determine what shampoo is perfect when it comes to the health and safety of Yorkshire terriers.
|Brand||Douxo S3 Calm Dog Shampoo||TropiClean Dog Shampoo||Isle of Dogs Dog Shampoo||Earthbath Dog Shampoo||Paws and Pals Argan Dog Shampoo||4Legger Organic Oatmeal Dog Shampoo|
|Hypoallergenic Formula||Yes||Yes||Not indicated||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Main Ingredients and Oils||Water, Ophytrium (Mondo Grass Extract), Coconut, and Chemical-based ingredients||Water, Coconut, Salt, Wheat, Oats||Water, Chemical-based ingredients, Jasmine and Vanilla Fragrances||Water, Oatmeal, Coconut, Aloe Vera, Vitamins A, B, D and E, glycerin, Vanilla and Almond||Argan Oil, Aloe Vera, Vitamin B5||Oatmeal, Jojoba, Lavender Essential, Coconut, and Olive Oil, Aloe Vera, Glycerine|
|Fragrance||Mild Coconut Fragrance||Strong, musk-like Coconut Fragrance||Strong Lavender and Jasmine Fragrance||Fragrance-Free||Mild Vanilla Fragrance||Mild Lavender Fragrance|
The integral part of Yorkshire terrier shampoo features that you should look at is the ingredients. The ingredients determine how safe, mild, or strong dog shampoos are. Also, it will indicate what type of ingredients you need to look for and what ingredients you need to look out for.
With that, it is recommended to look for natural and organic ingredients that are safe, non-toxic, and beneficial to your Yorkshire terrier’s skin and coat. Here is the list of these ingredients along with their benefits:
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil is known for reducing hair loss and strengthening hair strands in humans. This oil works perfectly with dogs and pets too. In fact, coconut oil reduces coat shedding in Yorkshire terriers, and it also makes their coat smooth and shiny.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe vera is famous for its moisturizing properties that are safe and mild even for sensitive skin. Aloe vera aids with dry and flaky Yorkshire terrier skin and it can also serve as a calming and soothing agent for inflamed, sore skin due to skin allergies.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is also a famous mild and natural ingredient for dog and pet shampoo and soap. It soothes and moisturizes Yorkshire terrier skin and it also serves as an anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory for allergies and skin problems.
- Jojoba oil – Jojoba oil functions the same as coconut oil and is one of the trusted alternatives for moisturizing and cleansing Yorkshire terrier skin and coat.
- Olive oil – Olive oil gives important nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, fatty acids like omega 3 and 6, and antioxidants for rejuvenating dry and damaging skin for Yorkshire terriers.
- Lavender essential oil – Lavender essential oil is a mild ingredient for conditioning, soothing, and moisturizing damaged, dry, and irritated skin for Yorkshire terriers.
- Glycerine – Glycerine is an important ingredient for moisturizing and hydrating Yorkshire terriers’ skin and coat.
- Argan oil – Argan oil works like coconut oil when it comes to hydrating, smoothing, and reducing shedding and skins problems for Yorkshire terriers.
There are a lot of shampoos on the market that offer natural and organic ingredients. One of the good options you can find is Earthbath Dog Shampoo, Paws and Pals Argan Dog Shampoo, and 4Legger Organic Oatmeal Dog Shampoo.
You can also choose TropiClean Dog Shampoo for a more wallet-friendly and earth-friendly option!
Manufacturing and Production
One of the features that you need to look out for for your Yorkshire terrier’s shampoo would be the manufacturing and production processes they have. This will also determine the quality of ingredients and the other types of merits that you want to have in your purchased products.
For the high-quality, and safe Yorkshire terrier shampoos, you might want to have a product that is earth-friendly, animal cruelty-free, organic, and natural.
There are various certifications and agencies that help with maintaining and regulating the quality of the manufacturing and production of dog shampoos that you might want to know about.
You might want to have shampoos like the 4Legger Organic Oatmeal Dog Shampoo that is certified under USDA Organic Food Standards or clinically advised shampoos like Douxo S3 Calm Shampoo and Paws and Pals Argan Shampoo for dogs as an example.
One integral part of dog shampoos that matter even to humans would be their fragrance and extract. With that, you might want to look for a shampoo that suits your comfortability and taste when it comes to a good and refreshing smell.
All shampoos have different aromas that usually come from their main ingredients.
If you are looking for a more refreshing and strong fragrance that will last for days. For that, shampoos like Isle of Dogs Dog Shampoo and TropiClean Dog Shampoo are recommended since these shampoos have a strong and pleasing fragrance that can last for days.
Anti-itching and Relieving Properties
Dog shampoos should have at least one or two anti-itching and relieving properties alongside cleansing, moisturizing, and exfoliating ingredients, especially for breeds like Yorkshire terriers that have long and fluffy coats.
Yorkshire terriers are prone to have sensitive skin that can cause allergies and irritation. With that, ingredients like aloe vera and oatmeal help with relieving itchiness and irritation caused by dry, inflamed skin from allergies, insect bites and other skin problems.
There are also clinically-advised ingredients like ophytrium extracted from mondo grass that also helps with allergies and inflamed skin for pain-soothing and relief.
Douxo S3 Calm Dog Shampoo, along with Paws and Pals Argan Dog Shampoo is one of the perfect shampoos on the market that offers itch-relief in their formula.
Additional Vitamins and Minerals
Additional vitamins and minerals are also one of many considerations when it comes to choosing the perfect dog shampoo for your Yorkshire terriers. Applying and using shampoo to your dog’s coat whenever they bathe greatly affects their skin.
Thus, additional vitamins and minerals that come with shampoos can be a game-changer to your Yorkshire’s health.
Choosing a shampoo that has antioxidants, fatty acids, and vitamins E and B5 will help your Yorkshire terrier’s skin when it comes to protection against harmful and harsh chemicals. Moreover, it will also help with moisturizing and rejuvenating dead, dry, and flaky skin for your Yorkshire terrier.
Vitamins and minerals ensure that their sensitive skin, underneath their long coats, is healthy, well-cleaned, and immune against different types of allergic reactions and irritants outside.
Health Factors in Choosing Shampoo for Yorkshire Terriers
Choosing important products like dog shampoos is important and vital for a Yorkshire terrier’s health, given that their skin and coat will be greatly affected by the product’s quality.
For that, it is equally vital to know and understand the health factors that you need to consider before picking out the perfect shampoo for your Yorkshire terrier.
Yorkshire terriers are sensitive breeds that are prone to different kinds of health-related problems such as skin allergies and irritation. This can be tripled in effect if they have longer, thicker, and fluffier coats.
With that, you don’t need to settle for less when it comes to their grooming products like shampoos.
If your Yorkshire terrier has sensitive skin that is prone to allergies and irritants, look for a dog shampoo with mild, natural, and organic ingredients like aloe vera and oatmeal that helps with irritation and allergies. This will make sure that your Yorkshire terrier is safe from skin problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Yorkies Need Special Shampoo?
Yorkshire terriers are known for their thick and beautiful coat that needs to be well-maintained and groomed. Thus, they need a special shampoo that will give the right amount of vitamins, minerals, and pH balance in their coat and skin for healthier, thicker, and fresh fur.
How Often Should I Bathe My Yorkshire Terrier?
Regular baths are necessary to maintain your Yorkshire terrier’s hygiene and health. Thus, you should bathe them at least once every two weeks or 4 weeks depending on their activity. However, there are times when additional baths are necessary especially when they engage in activities involving mud and dirt build-up.
Choosing the perfect shampoo for a Yorkshire terrier can be easy especially if you know what are the specific features you are looking for in a product that will fit your dog’s needs. Whatever those features may be, this list of shampoo has it all.